Born in the last century, somewhere in the EU without UK.
Married, 1 child;
1996-1999: Graduate studies in Theoretical Physics, University of Bucharest, with the thesis: ``On Some Spectral Properties of Schroedinger and Dirac Operators with Magnetic Fields'' (in Romanian). Advisor: Gheorghe Nenciu
1. PhD in Theoretical Physics: December 17, 1999; University of Bucharest
2. Habilitation à diriger des recherches en sciences (spécialité Mathématique): May 15, 2006; University of Toulon-Var. Le memoire (in French).
3. Dr. Scient. in Natural Sciences, March 28, 2012; Aalborg University. The dissertation (in English).
1995-2000: Scientific researcher with ``Simion Stoilow'' Institute of
Mathematics of the Romanian Academy
Workgroup: Evolution Equations and Control Theory, Partial Differential Equations and Mathematical Physics;
October- November 2001, May-August 2006 and May-July 2010: CNRS research position with CPT , Marseille, France;
September -October 2002: Post-doc position with the Institute Mittag-Leffler , Stockholm, Sweden;
April 2000-- April 2003: Assistant Professor (Adjunkt) with the Dept. of Math. Sciences, University of Aalborg, Denmark;
May 2003-January 2013: Associate Professor (Lektor) with the Dept. of Math. Sciences, University of Aalborg, Denmark. Between 2003 and 2005 the position was associated to MaPhySto, a network financed by the Danish National Research Foundation.
From February 2013: Full Professor with the Dept. of Math. Sciences, University of Aalborg, Denmark.
A few very nice talks which I gave in the past:
Two dimensional magnetic Schroedinger operators: width of minibands in the tight-binding approximation. E.S.I., Vienna, June 1998 (International Workshop: ``Magnetic fields and the Schroedinger equation'');
Spiraling attractors and quantum dynamics for a class of long-range magnetic fields. Nantes, January 2003 (Colloque Semi-Classique)
A mathematical look at the Landauer-Buttiker formula. Giens, September 2004 (QMATH9)
Effective models for excitons in carbon nanotubes. Santiago de Chile, August 2006 (The Pan-American Advanced Studies Institute, PASI 2006)
Effective models for excitons in carbon nanotubes. Isaac Newton Institute, Cambridge, April 2007 (Graph Models of Mesoscopic Systems, Wave-Guides and Nano-Structures);
The effect of time-dependent coupling on non-equilibrium steady states. Moeciu, September 2007 (QMATH10);
CO-ORGANIZER OF CONFERENCES:
1. Various aspects of Bose-Einstein condensation. It took place in Aarhus, in April 2004.
2. Mathematical Models for Transport in Macroscopic and Mesoscopic Systems. It took place in Bucharest, in January 2005.
3. Quantum Transport and Excitations. It took place in Aalborg, in November 2005.
4. Aspects mathématiques du transport dans les systèmes mésoscopiques It took place in Marseille, in December 2006.
5. Mathematical Models for Transport in Macroscopic and Mesoscopic Systems; it took place in Berlin, February 2008.
6. Mathematical Models for Transport in Macroscopic and Mesoscopic Systems; it took place in Dublin, December 2008.
7. Mathematical aspects of quantum transport and applications in nanophysics . It took place in Aalborg, in August 2009.
8. Mathematical Challenges of Quantum Transport in Nano-Optoelectronic Systems ; it took place in Berlin, February 2011.
9. International Congress on Mathematical Physics ICMP12 ; it took place in Aalborg, August 2012.
10. Mathematical Challenges of Quantum Transport in Nanosystems ; it took place in Saint Petersburg, March 2013.
11. Theoretical and Numerical Aspects of Quantum Transport ; it took place in Aalborg, April 2014.
12. Solid Math 2016 ; it took place in Aalborg, May 2016.
1995-1999: Tutoring in ``Thermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics'' for students in their third year at Faculty of Physics, Bucharest;
1997-1999: Tutoring in ``Mathematical Methods in Physics'' for students in their fifth year at Faculty of Physics, Bucharest;
2000-2003: Course in real and complex analysis for students in their first year at the Department of Mathematical Sciences, Aalborg. I got the "Teacher of the Year" prize in 2001. Can't explain you why.
2004-present day: see the link on the main index.
Last update: March 26, 2017.