MATLAB installation for Windows
This guide explains how to install MATLAB on your personal
computer. I describe a Windows installation, but the guide should also
be useful for other operating systems.
- Open the web-page
- First you have to create an account. Click on Create Account
and follows the instructions. The email address that you choose must
end with '.aau.dk'. Furthermore, you must choose Academic use
instead of Student use of MATLAB.
- Log in on your new MathWorks account.
- Click on your name.
- Choose Manage Licenses and then Add License.
- You now have to enter an Activation Key or a License No.
Enter the activation key that I gave you. A window opens with the text
'Association Complete'. Click Done.
- Click on your license no.
- Choose Activation and Installation and then Activate.
- Enter the activation key again.
- You now have to enter your computers Host ID. Choose I have the
Host ID. Open a DOS command prompt on your desktop. You can find it
under Start, All Programs and Accessories. Type
dir at the prompt. Above the list of files you can read the
Volume Serial Number. This number is the Host ID which you must enter.
Choose Windows as operating system.
You can also enter an Activation Label.
- Now you download your License File (license.dat) and
File Installation Key (fik.txt). Put them in a new directory which you
could name MATLAB.
- Click Download Product Updates on the web-page with your
- Choose R2009b - Current Release and Windows and
- A Download Agent starts. Click Run and follow the
- After the download has finished some files will be extracted
from various archives. Then the MathWorks Installer
opens. Choose Install automatically using the Internet and
follow the instructions.
- The MathWorks Activation Process begins. Enter the activation
key that I gave you once again and follow the instructions. This completes
the installation of MATLAB on your computer.
Latest update 5. October 2009 by Iver Ottosen.