Danish and Romanian citizenship;
Married, 1 child;
1996-1999: Graduate studies in Theoretical Physics, University of Bucharest, with the thesis: ``On Some Spectral Properties of Schroedinger and Dirac Operators with Magnetic Fields'' (in Romanian). Advisor: Gheorghe Nenciu
1. PhD in Theoretical Physics: December 17, 1999; University of Bucharest
2. Habilitation à diriger des recherches en sciences (spécialité Mathématique): May 15, 2006; University of Toulon-Var.
3. Dr. Scient. in Natural Sciences, March 28, 2012; Aalborg University.
1995-1999: Scientific researcher with ``Simion Stoilow'' Institute of
Mathematics of the Romanian Academy
Workgroup: Evolution Equations and Control Theory, Partial Differential Equations and Mathematical Physics;
2000--2003: Postdoc positions at CPT in Marseille, Institute Mittag-Leffler in Stockholm, and Dept. of Math. Sciences, AAU.
May 2003-January 2013: Associate Professor with the Dept. of Math. Sciences, AAU. Between 2003 and 2005 the position was integrated in MaPhySto, a network financed by the Danish National Research Foundation.
From February 2013: Full Professor with the Dept. of Math. Sciences, University of Aalborg, Denmark.
Fall 2018: Simons CRM Scholar-in-Residence Professorship, University of Montreal.
Head of the Section of Mathematics, IMF, AAU, and Vice Head of the Dept. of Math. Sciences, AAU (2021-2026).
CO-ORGANIZER OF CONFERENCES:
1. Various aspects of Bose-Einstein condensation. It took place in Aarhus, in April 2004.
2. Mathematical Models for Transport in Macroscopic and Mesoscopic Systems. It took place in Bucharest, in January 2005.
3. Quantum Transport and Excitations. It took place in Aalborg, in November 2005.
4. Aspects mathématiques du transport dans les systèmes mésoscopiques. It took place in Marseille, in December 2006.
5. Mathematical Models for Transport in Macroscopic and Mesoscopic Systems; it took place in Berlin, February 2008.
6. Mathematical Models for Transport in Macroscopic and Mesoscopic Systems; it took place in Dublin, December 2008.
7. Mathematical aspects of quantum transport and applications in nanophysics . It took place in Aalborg, in August 2009.
8. Mathematical Challenges of Quantum Transport in Nano-Optoelectronic Systems ; it took place in Berlin, February 2011.
9. International Congress on Mathematical Physics ICMP12 ; it took place in Aalborg, August 2012.
10. Mathematical Challenges of Quantum Transport in Nanosystems; it took place in Saint Petersburg, March 2013.
11. Theoretical and Numerical Aspects of Quantum Transport ; it took place in Aalborg, April 2014.
12. Solid Math 2016 ; it took place in Aalborg, May 2016.
13. Solid Math 2018 , a satellite of ICMP18; it took place in Montreal, August 2018.
14. QMath14 ; it took place in Aarhus, August 2019.
15. Solid Math 2021 ; it took place in Paris, August 2021.
16. 29th Nordic Congress of Mathematicians ; it will take place in Aalborg, 3-7 July 2023.
1995-1999: Tutoring in ``Thermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics'' for students in their third year at Faculty of Physics, Bucharest;
1997-1999: Tutoring in ``Mathematical Methods in Physics'' for students in their fifth year at Faculty of Physics, Bucharest;
2000-2003: Course in real and complex analysis for students in their first year at the Department of Mathematical Sciences, Aalborg. I got the "Teacher of the Year" prize in 2001.
2004-present day: see the link on the main index.
Last update: August 21, 2021.