The GETCO 2015 conference focuses on Applications of Algebraic Topology in Computer Science and Data Analysis. It is aimed at mathematicians and computer scientists working in or interested in these subjects. The aim of the conference is to exchange ideas and to initiate or expand research collaboration.
Special emphasis will be on
- Topological methods in Concurrency
- Topological methods in Distributed Computing
- Directed algebraic topology
- Persistent Homology and data analysis
This conference is one in a long series of GETCO conferences, The first GETCO conference was in Aalborg in 1999. Applications of algebraic topology in computer science was a new subject and the following seven GETCO workshops were held as satellites to CONCUR or DISC, the main conferences on concurrency and distributed computingThe 2010 GETCO workshop had a broader scope and included other applications of algebraic topology. Since then, a new ESF network ACAT, Applied and Computational Algebraic Topology, has been established; one of many indications that applications of algebraic topology is now a mature subject, widespread and with impact in many fields.
More information - program etc.
Information for participants - hotels, transport,...
Time: April 7-10 2015. Both days included. Arrival Monday.
Venue: Aalborg University, Department of Mathematical Sciences
How to find it: Directions at the department website are here. Prinsen Hotel is close to the railway station, so you can follow the directions from there(take a bus 2). From CabInn, you may take bus 14 from "Medborgerhuset" or a bus 2K from "Nytorv".
Please send an email to Amra Ibresevic, amra(at)math(dot)aau(dot)dk with the following information:
We have reserved rooms at Prinsen Hotel the prices pr night are is 695 Danish Kroner for a single room, 745 pr person for a twin double room.
Moreover, we have reserved rooms at CabInn at 515 Danish Kroner pr. night.
Please indicate if you want to stay in one of these prereserved rooms at this price, and if at Prinsen Hotel, what kind of room you would like.
If you need help to find another accomodation, be it hotel, Bed and Breakfast,...Please ask Amra Ibresevic, amra(at)math(dot)aau(dot)dk
- Name, email, affiliation
- Arrival and departure dates
- Would you like to give a talk or to present a poster? If so, please indicate the title.(We will ask for abstracts later)
- Do you need financial support? Limited funds are available. Lunch is free for all participants.
- Dietary restrictions (We need to know, since Lunch is arranged by us - and free)
Organizers: Lisbeth Fajstrup and Martin Raussen.
Dmitry Feichtner-Kozlov. University of Bremen.
Eric Goubault. École Polytechnique, Paris
Lisbeth Fajstrup. Aalborg University Martin Raussen. Aalborg University.
Supported by ESF.
The European Science Foundation (ESF) provides a platform for its Member Organisations to advance science and explore new directions for research at the European level.
Established in 1974 as an independent non-governmental organisation, the ESF currently serves 78 Member Organisations across 30 countries.
Supported by Carlsbergfondet.
Supported by The Department of Mathematical Sciences, Aalborg University.
- Sergio Rajsbaum, UNAM, Mexico. Slides
- Rick Jardine, UWO, Canada.Slides
- Neza Mramor Kosta, Univ. Ljubljana, Slovenia. Slides
- Damien Imbs, Univ. of Bremen, Germany.
- Krzysztof Ziemianski, Univ. of Warszaw, Poland.
- Steve Oudot, INRIA, Saclay, France.
- Emmanuel Haucourt, École Polytechnique, Paris, France. Slides
- Samuel Mimram, École Polytechnique, Paris, France. Slides
- Sanjeevi Krishnan, UPenn, US
- Patrizio Frosini, Univ. of Bologna, Italy.Slides
- Thomas Nowak, ENS, Paris. Slides
- Uli Bauer, TU München, Germany. Slides
- Claudia Landi, UNIMORE, Modena, Italy. Slides
- Marian Mrozek, Jagellonian University, Krakow, Poland.
- Armando Castañeda. UNAM, Mexico.
- Philippe Malbos. University of Lyon. France.Slides
- Petr Kuznetsov. Telecom Paris Tech INFRES. France.
- Thomas Kahl. Universidade do Minho. Portugal.
- Primoz Skraba, Josef Stefan Institute, Ljubljana, Slovenia.
- Hubert Wagner, IST, Austria. Slides
- Pawel Dlotko, INRIA, Saclay, France.